Gymnastics, Classes, Events & More
June 2020 Update, Summer Camps Open & Class Prep
Dear Pacific West Gymnastics Families,
I can’t believe that we have been sheltering-in-place since the middle of March. At this time camps are permitted at Pacific West Gymnastics and I am eagerly awaiting the “green light” from the Alameda County Public Health Department (ACPHD) to reopen recreational classes. I am hopeful that Alameda County will permit gyms and indoor recreational activities to reopen sometime in July.
During this time, we have implemented numerous changes to adhere to ACPHD and CDC guidelines for a safe reopening. Some of these steps include adhering to physical distancing requirements, daily employee health screenings, and ongoing professional cleaning and disinfecting. Additional modifications include staggered class times, reduced class ratios, and reorganization of the gym layout.
Our Pacific West VIP Family Facebook Group and Pacific West Gymnastics TV will continue to be offered for the month of July. These online resources will continue to allow Pacific West Families to remain connected, and allow students to progress their skills remotely.
As mentioned in prior communication, below is a brief overview of the steps we have taken so far and what we have planned moving forward.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- All equipment and matting have been cleaned and sanitized.
- All carpets have been professionally steam cleaned.
- Our bathrooms feature hands-free fittings for automatic flush, faucets, soap/sanitizer dispensers, and hand drying.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility, including at the front desk, the restrooms, and throughout the gym, for use before, during, and after classes.
- In addition to being professionally cleaned, we will also be continuing an hourly cleaning schedule of all high touch equipment, surfaces, and common areas.
- Enrolled families will have complimentary access to SpotTV, a secure camera system that allows remote viewing of your child’s classes. Additional information will be sent out as we get closer to reopening.
- Class start and end times will be staggered and spaced out to reduce the number of people in the facility at any one time and allow for equipment sanitization between classes.
- We will be following a 3 phase reopening plan, detailed here.
As soon as we are permitted to reopen, you will receive an e-mail detailing your child’s class day/time and the date instruction will begin. I anticipate this date will be August 1st. In this e-mail, you will receive a link to create an account with our new software provider iClassPro. I believe this new software will provide more flexibility and is more user friendly.
I can’t express my gratitude for all of the families that have continued to support Pacific West Gymnastics as a Pacific West VIP! Member and PWGTV Subscriber. Your support has made it possible for Pacific West to look to the future.
I can’t wait to see all of my Pacific West Family again.
Pacific West Gymnastics