Gymnastics, Classes, Events & More
Enroll in a Class in June, Win a Summer Camp
Win a day of Summer Camp 2023! Enroll your child for an in-person class in June and you'll be entered into a drawing for a Free Day of Summer Camp.
Pacific West Gymnastics Newsletter May 2023
Pacific West Times
The Pacific West Gymnastics Newsletter
Newsletter May 2023 – Region 1 Championships, May Special, Xcel Team Tryouts, NCAA Gymnastics Championship, Where to Find Super Blooms in California
View and share this Newsletter on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay in the loop and subscribe to our newsletter | Subscribe
Team Gymnastics Level 8/9/10, Region 1 Championships in Reno
Congratulations to the Pacific West Gymnastics Level 8/9/10 Team on a fantastic showing at Region 1 Championships this past weekend in Reno, Nevada!
Outstanding individual performances include:
- Audrey Sanger, Level 10 – 3rd All Around, 3rd on Bars, 4th on Beam, 5th on Vault and Floor, Level 10 Nationals Qualifier
- Juliette Zuverza, Level 8 – All Around Champion, 2nd on Beam and Floor, 3rd on Vault
- Ellis Anderson, Level 10 – 10th on Vault
- Regina Brunson, Level 10 Event Specialist – 6th on Bars and 7th on Beam
- Aiyana Thomas, Level 9 – Vault Champion, 4th All Around, 6th on Floor, 7th on Bars, Level 9 Westerns Qualifier
Good luck to our Western and National competitors!
View post and photos on Facebook
Team Gymnastics Level 6/7, Region 1 Championships in Roseville
The Level 6’s and 7’s had a fantastic showing at Level 6/7 Region 1 Championships in Roseville this weekend! Here are some highlights:
- Pua Zimmer – 2nd on Vault (9.725) and 3rd on Floor (9.725), with personal career highs on Vault, Bars, Floor, and AA (38.775), setting new Pac West records for Level 6 Vault and All Around, and a 2nd place finish with the Norcal Team!
- Abby Wong – 1st on Beam (9 and All Around (38.375)! Career highs on Vault and AA (38.375)!
- Layla Mukdasawat – 1st on Vault (9.625) and Bars (9.875), setting a new Pac West level 6 Bars record, and member of the 2nd place Norcal Team! Personal career highs on Vault and Bars
- Joy Lee – 1st on Floor (9.775), 2nd on Bars (9.475) and All around (37.95), and 3rd on Beam (9.575), Season high on Bars, and career highs on Floor and AA!
- Ylan Witts – Bars Champion (9.55), 2nd on Floor (9.675), 3rd on Vault (9.6), and All around (37.85)
- Mya Sams – Season Highs on Vault (9.175) and Bars (9.3)
- Emma Koval – 3rd on Beam (9.425), Season Highs on Bars and AA, and a career high on Floor!
- Kayden Pratt – Bars Champion (9.775) with season highs on Bars and Floor!
View post and photos on Facebook
Xcel Team Tryouts – May 13 in Union City
Is your aspiring gymnast interested in being part of a team, and competing in exciting fun-filled competitions in a year-round program? Join us at Xcel Team Tryouts, Saturday, May 13th, at our Union City location.
May Enrollment Special–Take a Tour in May, Get a Free Beach Ball
The sun is shining, the beach is calling, and summer is just around the corner. So what are you waiting for? Take a Summer Camp or Class Tour this May and get a free beach ball to help you celebrate!
Summer Camp Now Enrolling, Union City & Fremont Locations
Now enrolling! Bring your little one in to burn off some energy at Camp Pac West’s Summer Camp. With playtime in the gym, structured gymnastics lessons, arts & crafts, fun, and friends, it’s sure to be a fun filled day!
Oklahoma Repeats as NCAA Women’s Gymnastics Champion
The Oklahoma Sooners won their sixth national championship in nine years on Saturday, defeating Florida in the NCAA finals. The Sooners led after every rotation, and they clinched the title with a dominant performance on floor exercise. All six Oklahoma gymnasts scored 9.9 or higher on floor, with Jordan Bowers and Danielle Sievers each earning a 9.95.
View the video highlights and pictures on the NCAA website
Where to Find Super Blooms in California
By Macaroni Kid
Super blooms in California occur when heavy rains produce an unusually large number of wildflowers, changing the landscape to a sea of vibrant colors – perfect for flower lovers to enjoy the stunning display of wildflowers.
Camp Pac West, Seasonal and Summer Camps
Summer Camps and Seasonal Day Camps with gymnastics, arts/crafts and more.
- Summer Camp
- Union City – May 30-Aug 11
- Fremont – June 5-Aug 11
Our Seasonal & Summer Camps are fun filled with high energy and structured activities, including–gymnastics, arts and crafts, group games and more!
For locations and details, visit camppacwest.com
News & Events Around Town
- It’s Storytime at Fremont Main Library | May 2
- Fremont Niles Farmers Market | May 6
- I Love You Mom Canvas: Makebreak at Michaels Stores | May 7
- Family Yoga Time at the Newark Library | May 13
- Recreational Swim at Silliman Center in Newark | May 20
- Campfire Program: Trivia Night for Ages 5+ at Dumbarton Quarry Campground in Fremont | May 27
News & Events around town is brought you by Macaroni Kid Fremont.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter, The Pacific West Times
Stay in the loop and subscribe to our newsletter. You don’t need to be enrolled in classes to join. Plus you’ll receive updates on special promotions, events, summer camps & seasonal camps that are open for general admission.